My Photo
California, United States
I was saved, regenerated, and justified by God on September 9th, 2007, and my sanctification has continued ever since. I've been an aspiring writer for fourteen years, and I aim to write material that glorifies God, and proclaims the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, who came to Earth for the explicit purpose of dying on the cross for the sins of all who would believe.

Monday, January 2, 2012

It's Gonna Be the End of the World As We Know It... Again


Happy New Year! Welcome, one and all, to the year 2012, which according to the Mayan calendar is supposed to be the last year of the world, as everything comes to an end on December 21st, 2012... though, according to Joseph Robert Jochmans, that's not actually what the Mayan calender claims. December 21st, according to the Mayans according to Mr. Jochmans, is supposed to be a transition period from the current World Age to the next.

Does that mean rampant destruction of our current Age? Will Atrus abandon writing in the book that maintains our Age in order to come rescue his beloved Catherine after she has evacuated us all to the Age of Tay while the one we know and love falls apart? Or is this all a whole bunch of fabrications meant to keep us entertained and distracted while the men in suits work out the next phase of their conspiracy against us?

Of course, May 21st of last year was supposed to be the Rapture, according to Harold Camping, which would have transitioned us into the Great Tribulation. He was wrong, obviously, but surely the Mayans are right. And when it turns out they're wrong, somebody else will come along claiming February 21, 2013 as the end of the world.

It's always the 21st, too....

Anyway.

Looking back at 2011, a lot of firsts for me happened in 2011, some of them good, some of them bad. A number of things continued on as they were, some good, some bad. I was successful in some areas, neglectful in others. I'm happy with some things that happened in 2011. I'm not happy with others. I'm sure we all can say that.

But a new year means a fresh start. It's strange how a new day doesn't seem to have that meaning, or a new week or even a new month or a new moon, but we put a lot of import on the new year. The new year generally comes with resolutions and commitments, and as such I also have resolutions and commitments.

I am recommitting myself to God, and studying His Word and having communion with Him in prayer. I... have to admit I didn't do very well in these areas for the latter half of last year. I let other things consume my mind, my time, and my attention. I am committing myself to doing better this year.

Another commitment I'm making is to the blog. My neglect of the blog is very much related to my neglect of spiritual matters (as mentioned in the previous paragraph). I am resolving myself to do much better this year.

2012 is off to a good start so far, though. I've joined a Facebook group that is following the Grant Horner Bible Reading Plan (also known as the 3650 Reading Plan, apparently). You can find that group here. I'm on day two of the plan, and I haven't fallen behind yet!

Speaking of Facebook, Being Sanctified Daily has a Facebook page that is just dying to be "liked". (Hint, hint.)

So, welcome to 2012 everybody! Whether it's the last year of our lives, or just another one in a long chain of years, let's commit to making it a good one!

To God be the glory through His Son Jesus Christ!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's impressive that you are getting ideas from this paragraph as well as from our dialogue made here.

Also visit my website :: dating sites

Anonymous said...

Great delivery. Sound arguments. Keep up the good work.


Also visit my blog post :: wiki-tablet.org

Anonymous said...

My relatives all the time say that I am wasting my time here at net, except I know I am
getting familiarity daily by reading thes fastidious articles.


Feel free to visit my webpage - http://dallaschamberblog.org

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog here! Also your web site loads up fast!

What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate
link to your host? I wish my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

Also visit my site; teacherresourcemanual.com

Post a Comment